Columbia Fake ID Defense Attorney
Presenting False Identification in South Carolina
In South Carolina, it is a criminal offense to present false identification. This includes using or attempting to use a fake ID to purchase, obtain, or consume alcohol when underaged.
If you have been charged with presenting a fake ID, it’s important that you understand your legal rights and options. You could be facing severe penalties, but the experienced team at The Law Offices of Marion M. Moses, LLC can help. Our Columbia, SC, fake ID defense attorney is here to explain your situation and devise a legal strategy aimed at protecting your future.
Give us a call at (855) 796-0188 or contact us online today to request a free and confidential consultation with Attorney Moses.
Understanding South Carolina’s Fake ID Laws
In South Carolina, it is illegal to knowingly present false identification or alter an existing identification document with the intent to deceive or defraud.
Fake ID charges typically fall under two main categories:
- Possession of a Forged or Counterfeit Identification: This charge applies when an individual possesses or uses an identification card or driver's license that has been forged, counterfeited, or fraudulently altered.
- Misrepresentation of Age: This charge arises when someone presents a fake ID or falsely represents their age to purchase alcohol, enter establishments with age restrictions, or engage in other activities restricted to individuals of legal age.
In most cases, presenting or possessing false identification is charged as a misdemeanor in South Carolina, but that does not mean such charges should not be taken seriously. In fact, being convicted of using a fake ID can result in serious criminal penalties, as well as long-lasting consequences in your life.
What Are the Penalties for Presenting a Fake ID in South Carolina?
Using or attempting to use a fake ID is typically a misdemeanor offense and may come with certain criminal penalties.
These penalties can include:
- Hundreds of dollars in fines, even for a first offense
- Up to 30 days in jail
- A mandatory driver’s license suspension of up to six months
Additionally, being convicted of presenting or possessing a fake ID can lead to significant consequences in your everyday life.
Some of these consequences include:
- Having a Criminal Record: A conviction for presenting false identification will result in a permanent criminal record, which can have long-lasting implications for your personal and professional life.
- Financial Issues: The fines and associated court costs and fees for fake ID charges in South Carolina can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on the offense and other relevant factors.
- Loss of Driving Privileges: If you are convicted of presenting a fake ID while underage and operating a motor vehicle, your driver's license may be suspended for up to six months, making it difficult to get to work, school, etc.
- Educational and Career Consequences: A conviction for presenting false identification can negatively impact your educational opportunities, future career prospects, and professional licensing applications.
The Importance of Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney
When facing charges for presenting false identification, it is crucial to seek the assistance of a skilled criminal defense attorney. At The Law Offices of Marion M. Moses, LLC, our experienced legal team understands the complexities of South Carolina's criminal justice system.
We are prepared to help you in the following ways:
- Providing a Free Case Evaluation: We can thoroughly assess the details of your case, analyze the evidence against you, and develop a strategic defense strategy tailored to your specific circumstances. We do not charge anything for initial consultations.
- Offering Sound Legal Guidance: Our Columbia fake ID defense attorney can guide you through the entire legal process, explaining your rights, possible defenses, and potential outcomes and ensuring you are fully informed every step of the way.
- Aiding in Negotiations and Plea Bargaining: Our goal is to minimize the impact of the charges against you. We can negotiate with prosecutors and, if appropriate, seek plea bargains that could result in reduced charges or lighter sentences.
- Representing You in Court: If your case goes to trial, Attorney Moses can provide assertive courtroom representation, presenting a strong defense on your behalf and challenging the prosecution's case.
- Protecting Your Rights: We are here to vigorously protect your constitutional rights, ensure that law enforcement procedures were followed correctly, and challenge any evidence that was obtained unlawfully.
We know that this is a stressful time in your life; let us help you navigate through this difficult time and work towards the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact The Law Offices of Marion M. Moses, LLC Today
If you are facing charges for presenting false identification in South Carolina, know that you don’t have to face them alone. Reach out to The Law Offices of Marion M. Moses, LLC today to schedule a complimentary consultation. Our dedicated Columbia false identification attorney is committed to protecting your rights and providing you with the strongest defense possible.
Contact us online or call (855) 796-0188 to set up an initial consultation and case review.
Caught with a Fake ID: Steps to Take if You're Facing Charges as a College StudentCriminal Defense
The Role of Eyewitnesses in South Carolina Car Accident Claims
The Role of Self-Defense in Domestic Violence DefenseCriminal Defense
Defending Against Drug Charges: Effective Legal Tactics for SuccessCriminal Defense
Are Confessions Admissible Evidence in a Criminal Case?Criminal Defense
The Biggest Risks of Holiday Travel
Is It Legal to Eat While Driving?
Can You Get a DUI For Being Tired?